Saturday, May 19, 2007

Black Belt in Java?

Jon-Erling this last fall suggested that there really should be a similar way to grade when it comes to programming as in martial arts. We agreed and discussed it some more but as many other things we forgot about it and went on with life even though Jon obviously was thinking about starting something like that. The other day I found this though: www.javablackbelt.org It's free and seems great.

Perfect, and look at some of the names that can be found there: Martin Fowler, Joshua Bloch, Marc Fleury as guests, and also noticed that Brian Goetz provided some feedback to the concurrency stuff.

I wonder what I will get first (if at all!), a black belt in martial arts or in java....

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note. It is currently not possible to get a black belt (at the site). Just as in real martial arts it should be a great challenge to get the black belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyway, I haven't tried doing anything more with the "java black belt" stuff, though I would like to. But I have done some more regarding the martial arts training, and as of Dec 16th 2008 I now hold a black belt (Shodan) in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

    ReplyDelete